Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Thankful Reflection

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
-Thornton Wilder

It really is true that you can never be fully prepared for motherhood until you happen upon it.  Whether you give birth, adopt, or foster, you don't know what to expect and each day brings something new. 

I thought I knew what tired was until I started living on 2 hours of sleep.  It's gotten better thank goodness, but it is amazing what you can still accomplish on so little sleep.

I thought I knew worry until I had a little life to worry about.

I thought I knew faith until I had a little life to worry about.

I thought I knew gratitude until I looked into her big blue eyes for the first time.

I hope she never stops taking my breath away.  I don't want to ever take for granted the precious little miracle that she is; a true gift from the Lord!  Even though we didn't have fertility problems or major health issues to overcome, she is still our miracle. 

We are abundantly grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment