Monday, October 25, 2010

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I don't know if it's all the pumpkins or what, but I can't stop wanting to eat candy.  It's an insatiable desire that came over me around 10am today and I guess that's why I decided to eat fun-sized candy bars and pumpkin cookies for lunch.  I should probably make a presumptive call to the dentist.  I'm usually more of a salty snack kinda girl, but I'm going to just embrace the sweet tooth while it's here.  It's ok to have a devil-may-care attitude around Halloween, I think.  :)

Here's a recipe for an easy-peasy homemade candy.  No thermometers needed. 

Peanut Butter Cups
Ingredients:
6 oz chocolate [I used semi sweet but milk would be perfect]
3/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1/2 stick softened, unsalted butter
1/2 cup honey

Directions:
First, you'll want to line a muffin tin with papers that have been lightly sprayed with oil.  I used a mini muffin tin, but you could use a regular sized one. 
Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler.  This can be done in the microwave, but be very careful.  Chocolate will scorch so fast if you don't watch it!  To do it in the microwave, heat it in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. It will seem tedious, but oh-so-worth it when you don't have to throw your chocolate out and start over.  However, I do prefer the double-boiler method. 
Once your chocolate is melted, coat the bottom of the muffin paper with 1/2 to 1 tsp melted chocolate, depending on the size you're making. They don't have to be perfect or symmetrical because the chocolate you put on the top will fill in the gaps.  After you put the chocolate in, place it in the fridge for about 5 minutes to harden slightly.


Mix the peanut butter, honey, and softened butter until well combined.  Then place about 1-2 tsp of the peanut butter into the chocolate filled cups.
Then all that's left to do is top these with another 1/2-1 tsp melted chocolate, let them harden, and EAT them!

I must apologize for not having a photo of the finished product.  There were people at my house and we ate them all really fast.

Yeah........that's what happened.  Cross my heart and hope to---eat more candy.

I'm making more tomorrow but I couldn't wait to post this recipe because it's so easy.  I hope you can forgive me.  And make them, I say, make them! 

Muahahahaha.....Happy Halloween candy making!

UPDATE: I made more and took a picture.  These were made with milk chocolate rather than dark.

1 comment:

  1. I made these for X-mas and posted on my blog! Wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete