Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup

...that just makes your mouth water, doesn't it?  Well, it's what we ate for breakfast and I just had to share it with you.  Between a long day yesterday of grocery shopping, fall fun, and having to make this:

I thought we deserved a delicous autumnal breakfast.  So here it is, pumpkin pancakes and the best syrup ever, courtesy of Two Peas and Their Pod.  I have adjusted the recipes just a bit to suit 2 people, but you can find their post here.

I think it's a good idea to make the syrup first. 
Cinnamon Syrup
Ingredients:
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp AP flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c water

Directions:
Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small saucepan.  Add the vanilla and water, and while whisking frequently let it come up to a rolling boil.  Continue boiling and whisking until it becomes thick like a syrup.  Be really careful that it doesn't boil over the pot, because then you'd have to start over.  As if something like that would happen......certainly not to me it didn't.... 

Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 c AP flour
1/2 c white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
a scant cup of buttermilk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bowl suitable for pancake batter, whisk together the dry ingredients.  In another cup, bowl, etc, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.  Then combine the wet with the dry.  I like to use a cast iron skillet to cook my pancakes, and I cook them in BUTTER. There is no other way, in my opinion. 


SO  GOOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment