Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Please forgive me

[...I can't stop lovin' you.]  Name that song. 

I did want to offer a sincere apology for not blogging about food for the past 3 or 4 months.  I've hardly blogged at all, actually.  I'm sure you understand, what with being pregnant and all.  For more details on my strange eating habits, see this post.  I haven't tried a lot of new recipes, but even when I have there's been no desire to share.  My diet consists mostly of peanut butter and milk, with a few sandwiches here and there.  Oh, and lots of ice cream.  Don't judge me; I need 80 grams of protein a day [or so they say]. 

I do want to share a blog that I've been gleaning a lot of inspiration from, Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  She's got hundreds of tried-and-true recipes that have been passed down from her family and church ladies.  If there are church ladies involved, you know it's got to be good!  Please check her out and try some of her recipes.  You'll be so glad you did!

For those of you wanting a little pregnancy update, I'm 17 weeks now.  The baby weighs about 6 oz. and is the size of an onion.  I get these weekly updates that compare my baby to the size of produce or sports equipment.  Three weeks ago it was a softball, last week a naval orange, and this week, an onion.  I don't know about you, but those three items are all the same in my book.  All I know is that I've got a basketball [or watermelon] coming my way!

I can feel it squirming around every now and then, especially at night when I try to go to sleep.  On the Friday of Mother's Day weekend, I felt it move for the first time.  We went to Chuy's [tex-mex] and then to Graeter's [local ice cream] and on the way home, I felt those first little flutters. 

The Monday after, my midwife told me it was just gas.  Obviously she doesn't know me at all.  I may not know a lot about how babies feel, but I think I know what gas bubbles feel like.  She then proceeded to lecture me about my eating habits because obviously I was eating way too much fast food and drinking at least 12 Mountain Dews a day.  I just smiled and nodded; she has no idea who she was talking to.  Besides, at the hospital baby fair, they're the ones who served cokes galore without a bottled water in sight. 

I did gain a lot of weight in the first trimester, but it wasn't from McDonalds.  I haven't eaten McDonalds [or otherwise] in at least a decade.  When it comes to fast food, we stick to Chick Fil A [the Christian chicken] and keep our visits to once or twice a month.  I gained a lot of weight at first because all I could eat was bread.  If you live off bread for 3 months, you'll gain 20 lbs too, sister!  It's all under control now [I hope]; I only gained 2 lbs last month. 

Speaking of food, it's time for my second breakfast.  Or first lunch, however you want to look at it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment