1. My pants didn't fit after 7 or 8 weeks. I imagined not needing maternity clothes until around 20 weeks. Well, it didn't take long for my jeans to start cutting off my circulation. I tried the belly band for a couple weeks but didn't really like it. So I started full on into maternity jeans at 12 weeks and have been filling them in ever since. I'm telling myself that because I have such a short torso the baby doesn't have anywhere to go but out. That could be it, right?
2. Speaking of maternity jeans, how awesome are those? Why didn't I know about them sooner? Every girl needs a pair for her "fat" days. They're almost more comfortable than my yoga pants. I'm wearing them forever.
3. Most nights, I have these dreams that wake me with such vigor that I feel I've been a victim of inception. I have the strangest dreams, but I can't tell you the content because you might judge me. Let's just say there are a lot of small animals in my care in these dreams, and sometimes I eat them. Well, I guess you think I'm weird now.
4. My friend "projectile vomit" came to visit from weeks 5-10. Then it left, but came back twice during week 15. I thought it was supposed to magically leave at week 12. All those blogs and books I'm reading are full of crap.
5. Afterbirth. I went to a baby fair and saw one on a slide show. Yeah... I didn't know about that.
6. People will suddenly feel compelled to tell you the worst pregnancy/labor/delivery scenarios they've ever heard of. If it was something they saw on some obscure news program about a woman delivering a two-headed baby in Indonesia, you're going to hear about it. I've started to cut these people off before they get too far...trust me, I do not need to know.
7. Am I fat or am I pregnant? I'm not one of the
All I can say is that I'm glad this baby was a surprise because I would never do this on purpose. :)