Monday, June 25, 2012

Double the Fun

On Friday I packed up two changes of clothes, loads of toys, 8 diapers + the wet bag and headed out of town.  By myself.  With Kathryn.  It was a big step in our relationship.  We've gone to neighboring towns before, but haven't travelled farther than an hour.  This trip was 2 hours and a total of 10 hours away from home.  I am happy to report that we came home with extra diapers and didn't have to change anyone's clothes 

Where did we go?  I have a dear friend from college, McKinsey, who has the most precious little twin boys who are about 6 weeks younger than Kathryn.  They are so adorable and it was fun to not only observe how different they were from each other but also how they differed from Kathryn.  The main difference was how much bigger they were than she is!  We snapped a few photos but there was so much action that I didn't get many.

As you can tell, Kathryn was a little agressive  excited.  Not pictured is her attacking them with kisses.  She's enthusiastic, my girl.

It was TWO [haha] much fun. I can't wait to do it again soon.  It was so fun to remember meeting her 11 years ago and now look at us!

I also got to meet up with another dear friend from college, Jean, for dinner.  We didn't take any photos because I'm a loser.  We had a great dinner at a new BBQ place in Lexington. Seriously, run don't walk to City BBQ on Richmond Rd/Man O' War in Lexington.  Delish. 

It was such a great day to be out and about.  I started feeling mommy guilt, that I should have gone home much earlier and not gotten together with Jean.  I had some errands to run after dinner and ended up not getting home until 10:30.  Sleep is a precious commodity with babies, and my little angel has decided that 8pm is her bedtime.  Fine by me, but I don't want to be stuck at home and missing out on all the fun...wah-wah.  So I decided to enjoy myself and stay out later.  I got crazy and bought some shoes on sale at Target, but not crazy enough to stop at Starbucks on the way home.  I didn't pay for it too much, but it has kind of thrown off bed time since.  Oh well.

I felt so refreshed and encouraged to see my friends.  Having a new baby can be a little confining, coupled with the fact that I don't really have any friends where we live.  I really don't mind where we live, but I so don't like living soooo faaaar from anywhere I want to go/shop/eat/hang out.  Please, everyone, pause for a moment to cry about my first world problems.

Bottom line, friends are great, babies are blessings, and go eat at City BBQ.  This is not a paid advertisement, but I will take corn pudding and ribs from here to ever more.


No comments:

Post a Comment