Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BFFs


Today I wanted to write about my dear friend CoCo.  *Names will be changed to protect the innocent.  Actually, I don't know if that's necessary but I'm going to refer to them by the names she uses on her blog.  We met CoCo and BR in seminary, and they had a little girl named Beatle.  Beatle was barely walking when we met her, and now she's in kindergarten!  They also have a little papoose named Birdie.  Here's Justin holding her at Easter.


They moved to Arkansas in May of 2008 and we moved to Atlanta the following August.  In 2009, they surprised us on Memorial Day weekend and just drove down on a whim, sans Beatle and unaware of little Birdie's existence.  This couple is the goofiest,  most fun-loving, and most sponaneous family I know!  At least, CoCo is and therefore BR doesn't get a choice.


When we lived in Texas, we'd always swap houses for dinner, dessert, crying, talking, seeking advice...whatever.  When they were at our house, you could usually find Beatle in our bed.  We have no idea why. 



Being far away from family and having the uncertainty of the future looming ahead, it was important to have friends to help keep you grounded.  You know, to remind you of what's really important in life.




This was us all on New Year's Eve, 2008.  We got all dressed up and went to the Cheesecake Factory.  We may or may not have done other crazy things.



CoCo was the one who went with me to pick out my wedding dress, and was the faithul, dedicated bridesmaid of my dreams.  God placed us both in the office of attorney James Mallory in Fort Worth, TX.  It was a lot of fun working together!  I think the first time we hung out was to go get over-priced haircuts at Ulta on a really cold night.  We also went to Starbucks.  Not long after that we all got together at Panera to introduce our hubbys and just get to know each other.  And the rest is history!

We took this photo on the last night we got to hang out before BR graduated and they were whisked off to Arkansas.

We were blessed with the opportunity to go spend Easter with this family this year.  Beatle is the funniest, smartest, most ingenuitive, well spoken, creative....I could go on and on.  She gets it from her mother.  Here is an excerpt from CoCo's blog on her bedtime prayer last night:
Tonight, during her prayers, Beatle was so cute. (Not many things in this world are as cute as kids' prayers! God must just love them!) She wasn't far into her prayer when she said, "God, I don't like you. (Long pause with my eyebrows shot sky high) I LOVE you. And Jesus, sometimes I get your name mixed up and call you your dad's, I'm sorry and I hope I'm doing it right this time. In Jesus Name, Amen"

This family is so important to us, kind of like our forever friends.  I know that no matter where God calls us in ministry, we'll still keep in touch.  Even if we only see each other once a year, we're still close.  CoCo and I talk about once a week or so, to find out what's going on with the kiddos and swap horror stories life lessons about being minister's wives.  She always makes me laugh and is very honest about things. 

Watch out, CoCo, I may be heading your way soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh, MoMo! this post is SO heart-warming! i can't wait to read it to BR! :) i love the part about "him not having a choice" haha! i'm going to print this off and keep it forever! i LOVE our friendship and cherish it SO much! i don't know what i would do (and would have done in TX) with out the McDonalds. and forever friend, anytime you want to set out southwest, we would welcome it!

    ReplyDelete