Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


They say that periodically making lists of what you are thankful for is an ideal exercise for good mental health.  Also, when you have been wronged, hurt, and angered, it helps put things in perspective.  Therefore, today I shall make a list of what I am grateful for rather than what I happen to be angry about today.  Here we go.

1.  I am very thankful for discovering Roasted Saigon Cinnamon [at Wal-Mart] and how heavenly it makes my coffee! 

2.  I'm also thankful that Bailey let me enjoy said coffee without begging for her morning walk.  She usually waits until I sit down with it and then goes bazurk, and then it gets cold. 

3.  Woodwick candles.  Ah...the crackle of the wood in the background is so soothing!  Shout out to the husband who bought it for me!

4.  Cooler mornings.  I'm trying to make myself wake up earlier [as in, before 8:15].  So far I've been up before 8 most days this week.  Not just right before 8 either, but around 7.  Then I can spend more time watching the news with my cup of cream coffee.   

5.  New old friends.  Does that make sense?  There are people in my life that I have known for years but when I've tried to rekindle our friendships, it feels like I'm talking to a stranger.  I'm thankful, though, for the people that I've grown closer to rather than farther apart over the years.  No reason to dwell on friendships that have ended.

6.  My hard-working husband.  Justin works hard and I know it's from his heart because it's certainly not motivated by his paycheck.  Even though it seems like some one's always kicking us when we're down, he keeps moving forward because he knows Who he's working for. 

7.  I'm thankful for not having a job.  While I'm always looking for a way to contribute monetarily to our home, I'm thankful that at least for right now I'm not having to do the whole 9-5 grind.  Or, 6:30am-6pm misery that I used to have to do.  I enjoy homemaking, researching, and being able to have lunch with friends. 

8.  Cooler mornings!  I am assured with each passing day that Autumn is on its way!  There are already peeks of warmer colors in some of the leaves.  I'm thankful for trusty recipes for hearty soups, chilis, and crockpot meals for those chilly evenings to come.

What do you have to be thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment