Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot, hot, hot


When the heat turns way up in the summer, I always like to look at photos from the winter to remind myself that these temperatures won't last.  My thermometer says it's 86 degrees, but the heat index is a full twenty degrees higher.  I like to blame Al Gore for these things...you know, because of global warming.  If only I had his phone number. 

Of course if you know me at all, you know I'd never actually call him.  I'm more of an email/facebook/twitter person.  Texting is even a bit invasive, if you ask me.  I can't help it. 

In the midst of all this summer heat I was just wondering what you like to do during these long, hot summer days?  Swim?  Shop?  Read?  Go to the movies? 

I've never been much of a pool person, but two years ago I finally broke down and bought a swimsuit after 9 years of not owning one.  For the past 2 summers, I've looked great in my little tankini.  This year...not so much.  The bold diagonal stripes have now turned into squiggly lines and what was once a modest fit is now, well, not-- thanks to the growing little girl in my belly. 

Speaking of my daughter, due to her impending arrival I have been on a major down-sizing kick.  I've decided to have a yard sale when we return from our vacation.  My husband better watch out because anything that isn't nailed down may just be headed out the door with a neon sticker on it.  I think this is what they refer to as "nesting".

Organizing and cleaning may not sound like the best way to spend your summer, but I hope you are finding a constructive way to spend the time.  Sewing, crafting, planning a BBQ for your friends..just a few suggestions for you. 

As for me, I'll just be here on the couch in between thinking of things to sell.



No comments:

Post a Comment