Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1st Trip to the Zoo

*Warning: there are going to be a lot of pictures in this post. :)

A couple of weeks ago the weather was really nice so we decided to take Kathryn to the Louisville Zoo.  I have to say, it is super expensive to walk around and look at animals [most of whom were not available for viewing]. I know I'm cheap, but I don't think we'll be taking her back until she's old enough to interact more. Go ahead and yell at me for being a lame mom....haha. I will say, though, that getting a season pass is a great deal.  It pays for itself quickly and it would be great to just get up and go to the zoo whenever we wanted.  The only problem is that it's an hour and a half drive.  But it would still be fun!

Here are some shots of when we first got there and when we saw the giraffes.  She was excited!

 
I love how she puts her little hands on her tray.




 
Here is a stinky elephant!  She was going to wear one of her many elephant outfits that day but she got her breakfast all over it.  Wonder how that happened? It's a good thing we did change her clothes because it ended up being quite warm.



I think Kathryn really enjoyed herself.  The giraffes were a big hit and so was the African Petting Zoo.  Except I didn't actually let her pet anything.  She liked the goats a lot! Here I am holding her little hand from getting in the goat's personal space.  I think that goat had a pretty good job, just standing there getting attention all day.

 
I'm pretty sure Kathryn's foot was in his mouth at this point. Thank goodness I bought her those shoes!

 
 
Cooling off.

 
Checking out the sea lion.

 
 
We paid $10 to see mechanical dinosaurs.  Again with the cheap, I know.

 
Even if they sleep the whole time, watching your child enjoy an experience is worth any price of admission. 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment