Sunday, August 5, 2012

Playdate

Kathryn is very social, like most babies I imagine.  She loves to stare at folks in restaurants, babble to fellow shoppers, and is all around happy in social situations.  She has been around lots of toddlers and older kids but not very many babies.  In fact, the only time she has interacted with anyone close to her age was when she saw my friend McKinsey's twin boys who are just a few weeks younger than she is.  Sadly, Kathryn has not befriended any little girlies.  Last week we invited a little one who, although she is about the same size as Kathryn, is about 3 months younger.

Her little friend was so joyful and talkative at first. Then, the friend cried for almost an hour.  Kathryn can be agressive.  I don't know where she gets that from since Justin and I are pretty meek and mild. She likes to kiss and hug, even if she has to tackle you to the ground. It ended up being a great time once we put her friend in the entertainer and Kathryn could not reach her head. They played next to each other, and I think that is just fine.

These pictures are from the first few minutes before the crying started.  I have a feeling there will be lots of life lessons learned in playdates to come.  I hope this little girl can spend more time with us in the future!



1 comment: