Friday, July 23, 2010

I was abducted.

By life, that is.  I was most certainly abducted by life this week.  I haven't had to adhere to any kind of a schedule for many months now, and I kind of like it.  It's not hard to get used to waking early, sipping coffee, reading, and doing other fun stuff.  Of course I manage to get groceries, work out, and dust, but I don't have anyone breathing down my neck to get it done either.  This week was kind of an eye-opener, in a way.  You see, I was asked to teach a kid's cooking class through Campbellsville University.  This involved me waking up by 6:30 so I could be ready to make the 30 minute trip from here to Hodgenville, KY.  I haven't used an alarm clock since the day I lost my job.  I had a lot of fun meeting the kids and teaching them a few new things that they could do in the kitchen.  At the end of the week, they got a folder with all of the recipes that we did so they can do it all at home.  Here are a few photos I managed to get the first day.





The Kids College was only half of my days this week.  On Monday afternoon, Justin and I spoke at a senior citizens luncheon; on Tuesday, we had to go to Louisville.  Wednesday was ah...raining.  So I planned to spend the afternoon recovering for 3 days straight of busyness [it's tough being an introvert].  However, my quiet afternoon was interrupted and before I knew it, it was time for church.  I don't normally attend Wednesday night services but I was asked nicely by my husband to help with a kids movie night.  All I have to say is, it's all fun and games until you have to clean out the popcorn machine.

I've also been busy baking and entertaining.  Well, we entertained once this week but we thought a second time was coming so I did some prep work ahead of time which resulted in this:



Mocha. Silk. Pie.  Oh. My. Stars.  But more on that later.  I'm have to go do something awful...pull weeds.  They're overtaking my walkway and I'm afraid people will start talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment