Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our little piece of heaven...?


For those of you who have missed out on the last few months of our lives, we have relocated from Marietta, Ga to Campbellsville, Ky.  We've been here about a month now, and despite my stubbornness it hasn't taken long to feel like home.  I guess it helps that Kentucky is not a foreign place to me, but it certainly isn't a place Justin or I ever thought we'd come back to.  Our "little piece of heaven" started out as a tiny duplex in Fort Worth, Tx that was so small we had to go outside to change our mind.  Then it became a modern and spacious 'apartment-home' in a large complex outside of Atlanta.  Now, we're back in a duplex but it's much nicer than the one we lived in as newlyweds. 

At first I was not excited that we could smell cows during the really hot part of the day.  I can't see them, but I know they're there.  I CAN see horses in a pasture to the side of the house, and that is nice. 


We've also added to our family.  Bailey is about 8 months old, and she seems to be a mixture of long-haired daschund, bassett hound, and beagle.  She was a stray dog that my parents found in NC and we got her the day before we moved to Kentucky.  She is so much fun and really keeps me company.  She's very calm and quiet, she rarely barks and loves to play.  Although as I'm typing this she's a  little unnerved at the fireworks outside.  Of course, so am I. 


We're really enjoying life in small-town America.  I would be lying if I said I didn't miss being pretty much right next door to Target and everything else I thought I "needed", but I'm getting used to shopping at Wal-Mart.  The good thing about not having all of that stuff is that it makes me reevaluate what I think I need.  I'm quite sure it's better for our finances. 

I hope that this blog can be a way to communicate to our friends, family, and the people we minister to here in Kentucky.  I'll probably write mostly about food, but this is a start.  Also, I need something to do besides read on the back porch and expose myself to too many UV rays.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. i love that you and bailey are kindred spirits. :) i'm excited to stay connected to you more through your blog!

    ReplyDelete