Monday, August 30, 2010

It's my party and I'll eat pancakes if I want to.

Today is Monday.  There isn't anything significant about it, except that it's my birthday!  There's nothing worse, though, than having your birthday be on a Monday.  Although, on the flip side, you get to skip a crappy Monday if that Monday happens to be your birthday.  None of this matters when you don't have a job, which is my current situation.  So I can be thankful for that, at least for today.
I would like to give a shout out to my sweet husband for rushing around this morning and making me breakfast in bed, sort of.  I say sort of because I didn't actually eat it in my bed.  He worked very hard to bring me these Berry Meyer Lemon Pancakes. Yummm...  I am a pancake fanatic.  I didn't used to like them very much, but now that we make them homemade I live for the rare morning when we both have time to make them together.  I wish I had possessed the wherewithal this morning to take a photo of the perfectly browned delights.  It would also have been funny to have a photo of the aftermath in the kitchen.  Justin is a much messier cook than I.  Pancake batter was married to the stove top, flour strewn about the floor, and pretty much every measuring cup and spoon was in the sink.  And somehow, a smoky hue filled the whole house.  Ah, pancakes...no wonder they're usually my job!  I am so thankful for a husband who would take time on a Monday morning to make me breakfast. 

1 comment: