Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

This will blow the skirt right up on your holiday snack mix.  Who needs chex mix? 

Last night I was really jonesin' for a cinnamon sugar pretzel from one of those places in the mall.  Now, the mall isn't remotely near my house, and even if it were I simply can't eat one of those carbo-sugar-loaded pretzels.  So here's what you need to do make these cinnamon sugar pretzels.
Melt 1 stick of butter.  It probably doesn't matter if it's salted or not, but I used unsalted.  Plus the pretzels are already salty.
Once the butter is melted, add about 4 tablespoons of sugar [I used white but you can use brown] and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.  Stir together nicely and then stir in the pretzels.  I did this in batches to make it easier.   I used a 16-oz bag of regular pretzels.  In a single layer, bake the pretzels at 250 for about 15 minutes, just to get the cinnamon-sugar to stick. That is, if you don't eat all the pretzels before you bake them.  Before I put them in the oven I sprinkled extra sugar on top.
Maybe that was rude what I said about the chex mix.  I think you could add these to it and give it some interest.  Happy holiday eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment