Friday, November 5, 2010

Gortex

If the above photos aren't any indication to you, the weather here today is scary cold.  Also, I hope you are picking up on the Seinfeld reference from the title and opening sentence.  If not, well...it's ok.
As far as I know, the high temperature today has only achieved 46 degrees.  I saw ice pellets falling from the sky when I was in the next town over having lunch with Justin.  It seems to have gone from summer to winter in a hurry around here.  I know its cold when my husband runs in his tights.  That's something I don't have a picture of, though.  I'll have to work on that.
Here in KY, the sky tends to look this way throughout winter.  I remember in college, when the sky looked this way, I would go to class [most of the time] and then rush back to my dorm to make coffee and just sit around in my sweatpants.  Those were the days...  Wait, I'm doing that right now only I'm drinking tea and I'm in my house.  But other than the tea and the house part, not much else has changed.
We are making pork and pumpkin chili tonight.  And I have a mess of persimmons that need to go somewhere.  Perhaps tomorrow.  It's hard to feel like cooking after vacation.  I got kind of used to being cooked for.  What do you like to cook when the weather is gray and cold?
Well, that's all she wrote.  Literally.

1 comment:

  1. something soupy. like a chicken tortilla soup or potato. normally, i don't go to the store cuz it's nasty out so i just throw a few things in the crockpot and see how imaginative i can get. oh, and beans! pintos with ham and cornbread.

    ReplyDelete