Sunday, June 5, 2011

Coffee Punch

Ya'll, I just have to share this recipe with you.  I hosted a wedding shower today and we decided to do something different than the typical sherbet/lemon-lime punch.  You'll have to forgive me for not having pictures [I was a little busy!] but trust me, it's good.  I found the recipe in an old cookbook from my grandmother and kind of used it as a guideline.

Directions:
Brew one pot of coffee.  Add in 1/2 cup sugar, stir, and chill.  I did this last night so it would be nice and cold for the shower this afternoon.  Just before serving, stir in 2 Tbsp of vanilla and 1 pint of half and half.  Put it in your punch bowl and top with a half gallon of scooped vanilla ice cream.  You can top with caramel, chocolate, or whatever you like!  You could even sub the vanilla extract for hazelnut or even almond.  Or add a liqueur, if you're in to that sort of thing.  I think you can get about 12 -15 servings of this, so double it if you need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment