Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wonderfully Made

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

My life changed forever on February 21 when I saw those two pink lines on that pregnancy test.  More so than that moment, our life will really change tomorrow when we finally find out the gender of this little person growing inside me.  After all of the waiting and wondering, now I'm thinking that I don't want to find out.  Suddenly he/she will take on an identity.  It's exciting but, admittedly, a little scary.  I've imagined the baby being a specific gender, but I might be wrong.  For the next 4 months will we daydream of ballerinas and tea parties or tonka trucks and mudpies? 

God already knows.  He knew before we found out we were pregnant.  He even knew before I was born.  We are excited for this gift.  This baby is not ours, but His. 

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to know who is in your belly! :) Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete