Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Thoughts

Holy smokes, we sure are getting a frog strangler out there!  In other words, it's been storming since 7am.  It started out with lots of dark clouds, thunder, and lightning, and finally started to rain about an hour ago.  I had almost forgotten what rain was.  Hopefully my yard will turn green and the flowers will perk up after all of this.  I just thought I'd share some happy thoughts and photos today.  Not because I get down in the dumps when it rains, but because rainy days make me quite happy.

Red Velvet Cupcakes.  Need I say more?  T-minus 2 weeks til I get to eat one.  I'm doing my first wedding on June 30.  We'll be having these little beauties, mocha cupcakes, and vanilla.  All of the cupcakes will cascade down a cute tower with a small cake up on top.  I'm excited!
My pal Corrie.  I'm not sure why the picture is so small...but anyway, I really need to call her today.  She has 2 girlies and also a baby boy that she's taking care of for a little while.  She's a super foster mom who always has time for the fun stuff in life.  This picture was taken on Memorial Day weekend 2009, I think.  She and her hubby Brent drove all the way from Arkansas to Atlanta, and called us after they had already left to tell us they were coming.  See what I mean about fun stuff?  She's spontaneous, God-loving, cooky, and inspiring, and I'm glad we've been friends for all these years.

A snowy sunset...winter is awesome.  Summer, not so much.  The next time I see snow I'll have a little chunker to snuggle with!


Of course, my little husband.  He works very hard to provide for us and even though it isn't always easy, he never complains.  [It certainly isn't easy to live with me!]  I like to look at this picture and remind myself that I won't always have this huge belly [otherwise known as Baby Mac].  Someday I'll be my old self again...!


And here's a little something to make you smile.  Maybe.  I don't know.  It makes me smile.

"For what it's worth; it's never to late, or in my case, to early to be whoever you want to be.  There's no time limit, stop whenever you want.  You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing.  We can make the best or the worst of it.  I hope you make the best of it.  And I hope you see things that startle you.  I hope you feel things you never felt before.  I hope you meet people with a different point of view.  I hope you live a life you're proud of.  If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." 
-Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

No comments:

Post a Comment