Thursday, August 4, 2011

Four Years


I can hardly believe that we're celebrating our 4th anniversary today.  It's hard to believe because it feels like 40 years...!  I don't mean that in a bad way.  Before we were engaged we moved across the country together.  We were married a year later and the year after that, on our first anniversary to be exact, we packed up a truck and moved back across the country in the other direction.  That's probably why I don't look so thrilled in this picture from our first anniversary.  After loading boxes and furniture all day in the triple-digit temperatures of Texas in August, it's hard to feel like celebrating.
We still managed to celebrate by going to a fun Italian restaurant with live music and dancing.  Only we were too tired to dance.  I'm still waiting for that dance, actually. 

Not a great shot at all, but this is us on our second anniversary.  We were in Atlanta at the time. 


Another stellar photo...here we are on our third anniversary after we moved to Kentucky. 

Unfortunately, even though today is our actual anniversary I will be by myself most of the day.  Justin has been working a lot and today is no exception.  Hopefully he'll be home before I go to bed.  We do plan on celebrating this weekend, we just have to make it through today!

We've been on quite the adventure.  We started out as friends back in college, and then we fell in love.  And I still keep falling!  I couldn't ask for a better friend, support, and soul mate.  I can't wait to see where we end up next.  We haven't celebrated an anniversary in the same state twice until this year.  Who knew that 4 years after we said "I do" that I'd be entering the third trimester with our baby girl.  It's funny how things work out, and then again it's funny how they don't.  We definitely aren't where we thought we'd be, but that's not how life works now is it?

Here's to many more years, more babies, more moves, and lots and lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment