Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wet eyelashes

The title of this post is the same as the name of my friend Beth's blog.  It was on her blog today that I learned her little girl was stillborn yesterday.

Stillborn.

A word that sends cold chills up my spine, a word that you hope you never have to say. 

Her name is Elsabeth.  Isn't that beautiful?  It means "consecrated by God" or "God's daughter". 

Please pray for my friend, her husband, and toddler son. 

I wish I knew why these things happen.  It's not fair and I want to run kicking and screaming to God and demand an answer to this unjustice.  But then my mind is flooded with Scripture about how we are wonderfully made and all of the days ordained for our lives were known by the Lord [Psalm 139 13-16]. 

We'll never have the answers to these kinds of "whys" here on earth.  This is where our faith comes in, trusting that His plan is better than ours, even when it breaks our hearts.

I think every mommy to be has a fear of loss, but you just don't let yourself go there. I can only trust that my daughter is in His hands.

In His hands...even if we never took a breath, there we would be.  There Elsabeth is.  And there her parents are right now, even as they grieve.

I pray they feel held tighter now than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I am absolutely certain your daughter is in God's hands, as is Elsabeth.

    ... and I have a few tie-dyed things for her to wear when she is born :)

    ReplyDelete