Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"I'm baaack...mwuahahahaha..."

...says the awful temperatures of summer.  Apparently it got jealous of our breezy and humidity-free afternoons.  The forecast for the next few days is upper 90s.  Summer always tries to pop back in when fall has begun its gentle entrance.  But I do see highs in the 70s after this weekend.

Are you like me, busting at the seams for pumpkins and changing leaves?  A house near mine already has up its Halloween decor.  I wouldn't go that far just yet, but tomorrow is September which to me signifies fall.  Yesterday was my birthday, and my sweet husband has the tradition of always getting me a fancy nancy candle that smells like autumn.  I already have this on my door:
It's not all pumpkins and scarecrows, but it is sort of autumnal.  I have these giant grapevine wreaths leftover from my wedding and finally decided to learn how to make rosettes.  I have to admit that I am still not on Pinterest but I imagine I can only hold out for so long. 

When do you think is the right time to put out all of your fall decor?  Between all the nesting going on in my head [boy does my honey have a list this weekend!] I haven't wanted to move on to decorations because I need to get so many practical things finished.  Like painting her room, finding a solution to storage [we have no furniture as of yet for her], and also I suddenly hate our makeshift entertainment center. 

Last year one fun thing I did was paint pumpkins. 
I made a few as gifts for friends.  This year I'm thinking of painting one or two all black and using those wet chalk markers to write on them.  I happen to love Halloween [can I say that as a minister's wife? haha] and am excited to say that we should be home this year for the first time ever to greet trick-or-treaters.  Unless the baby has been born on that day.  She'll be the sweetest treat ever.

Do you have any fall ideas to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment