Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall

It's here, it's finally here!  Not that I was counting down or anything.  I'm so excited for this time of year, had you noticed?  Mums, pumpkins, sweatpants, chili, football, apple picking---the list goes on and on! 

Did you celebrate?  I started out by waking up before 6 just to welcome in the day.  Just kidding.  I did wake up before 6, but it was because I was hungry.  After a pre-breakfast snack of peanut butter straight from the jar, I made Joy the Baker's pumpkin spice pancakes that I mentioned in my last post.

The weather did not disappoint.  It was in the 50s, windy, and rainy.  Just perfect to welcome in fall, don't you think?  It has cleared up now though and while it is sunny, the crispness of autumn cannot be missed. 

If you were too busy to savor the day, start tomorrow out right.  Make a batch of this Pumpkin Spice Syrup to fall-ify your morning coffee.  Sit back, relax, and breathe in the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment