Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Almost There

It has occurred to me that I have only spent 25 days of 2011 not being pregnant.  Keeping up charts with temperatures, fluids, etc makes it possible to know the exact day of conception.  Of course, it also occurs to me that the aforementioned method is perhaps not the best way to prevent conception.  Perhaps I need a new approach.

I digress.

By the end of this week, I will be considered full term.  [Tap, tap, do you hear that, baby?]  That means that starting Saturday we can start saying "any day now" and "she's coming this month".  Exciting!  We just need her to stay put until Saturday because she isn't covered under my insurance until then, but that's a story for another day [read: Obama, I used to like you].  My days are filled with lots of resting in between small tasks like dishes, writing thank-yous, and trying to work on her room.  I have one art project left to do but I'm afraid it won't turn out so I keep putting it off.  We finally got her crib so we just need to get it in our posession and set it up [hopefully this weekend].  We are in the process of making a final list of absolute necessities so that we can make some final purchases as well.

It has been weird to have this little person growing inside me all this time.  I remember how excited I was to look pregnant and not just bloated.  And the glorious day when I had finally made it a week without throwing up!  When all the uncertainty gave way to those big kicks it started to feel like more of a reality.  I must admit that although I've "seen" her face with the ultrasounds, I haven't necessarily felt bonded to her.  It may be the fact that we've kept her name a secret and therefore haven't used it that much.  It's hard to explain; I mean, she does have her head right next to my bladder so it doesn't get much closer than that.  I did, however, have a dream the other night and I saw her face, chubby little cheeks and all.  That made me feel better.

I have always had this feeling that she would come earlier than her due date.  I know, I know, I'm delusional.  I bet everyone thinks that.  All that I've read points to the fact that first time moms always deliver later than expected.  We'll find out Friday at my next appointment if I've made any progress, and we'll be having ultrasound number 5.  I can't wait to see how big she's gotten!  At our last ultrasound she was only in the 30th percentile for growth so I hope she's packed on some pounds since then.  Also, we're having our pre-delivery meeting with our doula tomorrow night so I am really excited about that.

I am just giddy with excitement over having a little girl to dress up!  Justin has always made fun of me for wanting a live doll to dress up.  I guess he's right, though.  I think it's just the fact that this is my favorite time of year coupled with a baby girl on the horizon but I am just feeling overjoyed.  I am ready to get through labor and on the other side.  I am less nervous about pain than I am the emotional issues of having everyone from our lives swoop in at the same time.  But that's all I can say about that.  :)

Here's me with my sweet friend Corrie, 5 days after I saw those 2 little pink lines.  I actually had a waist then.

And here I was just a couple days ago.  The only waist I have now is elastic.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment